Cable filters and if anyone has used one before?

General discussion for all topics not related to Blitzsafe

Postby NetTalk on Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:55 am

NetTalk

Re: Cable filters and if anyone has used one before?

Postby techstep on Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:14 am

Just finished reading some threads/posts so I decided to go ahead and post my

experience. Just a little over 8 months ago now, literally the day before my second

daughter was delivered, my oldest boy came into my office/dining room (no jokes

please) with a grin like the Grinch on his face. He wanted me to buy one of those

digital filters. He always has me paying $50 for his wrestling WWF stuff and I've

also been known to watch a good boxing match every once in a while. Long story

short, I got one of those cable filters for my Motorola DVR box in the living room

WITHOUT, telling the kids or the old lady ;). I still make the kids ask to order

stuff but when the bill comes there's no sign of anything, heh. Every month I

squeeze about 30 PPV's out of it without having to clear the memory on the box. If I

only order like 20-25 ppvs in a month, then I don't need to clear the box because it

clears on its own every 30 days. I figured if it didn't work I'd just get my money

back since they have like a year guarantee or somethin like that (had to check my

bookmarks www.cableboxfilters.com).

BTW, does anyone know what the Cablecard slot does?. I've never seen anyone who used

theirs and I don't understand what it would be used for. Is it for the cable guy

when it's being installed or something?

Thanks and God bless!

L. MacArthur
techstep

Return to General Discussion