How to put dvd movies onto iMovie for editing

General discussion for all topics not related to Blitzsafe

How to put dvd movies onto iMovie for editing

Postby Ellali on Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:00 am

Question: I just got a new mac and I want create new movies using iMovie. How can I import my dvd videos into my iMovie for editing?

Answer: Importing DVD movies into iMovie is not a direct process, but luckily still there is an easy way out, using this DVD to iMovie Ripper for Mac to convert and import your dvd into iMovie software.

Tutorial: How to import DVD to iMovie?

Free Download this dvd Ripper for mac first.

# Add DVD
Click Open DVD button, select a DVD in the dialog box that opens, and load it. The Loaded DVD information, such as chapter and title etc. will be showed in the file list.
Or, click File > Open DVD from the main menu, select a DVD folder in the file dialog box that opens, and load it.
Click File > Open IFO Files... from the main menu, select an IFO file in the file dialog box that opens, and load it.
# Select output format
Choose one or more files in the file list, and open Profile drop-down list, then select an output format for selected files.

What format does iMovie accept?

* Movie File Type
* MPEG-2 and AVCHD
* DV-Standard and HDV (High Definition Video)
* QuickTime Movie
* MEPG-4

Tip: To adjust the output settings, click Settings button next to Profile drop-down list, and set the parameters of output format in the Profile Settings dialog box that opens.
# Set output folder
Click Browse button in setting panel, select a destination folder in the dialog box that opens, and click OK.
Tip: Before start to convert DVD, you can trim video segment, crop area size, add effects, and create video watermark to colorize your output file.
# Convert files
After finishing the above settings, check the needed file to extract in the file list, click Start Ripping button on the main interface, to start extracting the file. You can view the progress of the extracting process from the progress bar at the bottom of the window.
Tip: You can click Pause Ripping button to pause the extracting process and Stop Ripping button to cancel the process as required.

Import DVD to iMovie

Import the new-generated video to iMovie. Now you can edit the video at your will.
Enjoy making your own movies now with the help of this DVD to iMovie program.

Get the full version now to enoy the full features.

Learn more details about DVD to iMovie ripper for Mac .

Hope this helps.
Ellali

Re: How to put dvd movies onto iMovie for editing

Postby Ellali on Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:01 am

You will find it easy to use. Hope this can help.
Ellali

Return to General Discussion